Friday, June 29, 2007

Who Am I, Anyway??

I'll be teaching a parenting class this summer--Your Child As Zen Master,---and in my explorations for the class, I've run across an interesting book that helps parents understand which style their child prefers. Check out Elizabeth Wagele's The Enneagram of Parenting for some fun cartoons that illustrate each of the nine Enneagram behavioral styles. In this case, a picture is certainly worth a thousand words, and the sometimes difficult to understand Enneagram made simpler by Wagele's work.


If you'd like to know your Enneagram type, you can take the free Enneagram Test on this blog. I've also ordered Know Your Parenting Personality by Janet Levine--In my opinion, self-awareness is where it's at when it comes to parenting.

Let me know what you think about the test!

No comments: