Sunday, September 2, 2007

Upcoming Parenting Course

In my opinion, the most important thing a parent can do is to grow themselves. When I do that, I provide for my children an atmosphere of clarity and integrity. I can be trusted because I am authentic and authoritative, without being demanding.

For five Tuesday evenings from 7:00 to 9:00, October 30 through November 27 (an exception is that we may meet on Monday, November 19 instead of Tuesday, the 20th), I will be teaching a Parenting Class in Bozeman, Montana. It is aptly called, "Your Child As Zen Master: A Parenting Class" because we'll be exploring our 'stuck' places with our children--not from the perspective of 'what's going on with my child?' but from the perspective of 'how am I reacting (or over reacting) to my child?'.

Carl Jung said that if you want to be a good parent, do your own personal work. He also had the notion that when a parent is over reactive toward their child, it's because of their own projections. For instance, I had a difficult time when I was nine, so it was challenging for me to maintain my connection with my own children when they were nine.

In this Parenting Course, you'll note your own projections and then do your personal work so that you become more congruent, providing your child with a steady rooted-ness that children, no matter their age (and mine are grown) thrive in.

If you are interested or would like more information, Email or call 406 570 3791. If you're not in Bozeman and want to have this course in your city, let me know. We'll see what we can work out!

No comments: