Friday, September 14, 2007

Learning By Doing

Last weekend, I traveled to San Francisco to Brad Brown's memorial service. Brad, mentor and beloved teacher, died on August 10. Here are a few thing I learned from Brad:




  • How to forgive myself and others

  • How to clear my thinking by telling the truth

  • How to claim my personal authority without being aggressive, pleasing or passive

  • How to create art by allowing the art to emerge

  • How to release the illusion of control

  • How to co-create results with Life

  • How to be on an intentional path of self-actualization by processing events in my life

  • How to be present, in the here and now

  • How to meditate

Brad did not write a book on these subjects, but he designed experiential trainings that included processes-- "how-to's". He impacted thousands of lives from the United States to the United Kingdom and South Africa and New Zealand. He will be missed by many, and I know his essence is here, every time I use one of the processes he created. He has imprinted my being with his brilliance and love, and empowered me to choose my life.

No comments: